- 1 stick plus 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 Cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons xanthin gum (omit if flour blend already includes it)
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Teaspoons cream of tartar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla until well blended.
- Add the flour, xanthan gum, salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, baking soda, and cream of tartar to the wet ingredients. Beat the batter well until it becomes thicker and a bit more elastic. It should be thick.
- Separate the dough into two portions, wrap each tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until chilled firm (at least 1 hour or up to overnight).
- Once the dough is ready, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- Slice each portion of dough into 21 pieces of roughly equal size. Roll each of the 42 pieces of dough between your palms until it forms a ball, and then continue rolling to flatten the ball a bit into a disk. Toss each disk in the cinnamon-sugar mixture until it is well-coated. Place the balls of dough into the freezer for about 10 minutes, until firm again. Roll each ball of dough in the cinnamon-sugar mixture once more, and arrange them about 2 inches apart on the lined baking sheets.
- Place the rimmed baking sheets in the center of the preheated oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or they are either pale but flat (8 minutes), or a tiny bit crisped around the edges (10 minutes). If you prefer them crispy, that’ll take about 12 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheets for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
0 0 100 0